Need Help! Aspire for alphacam help please

Thread: Aspire for alphacam help please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Aspire for alphacam help please

I have designed this door panel in my new aspire for alphacam program. It will be machined on 1" mdf. I can successfully export it through the AC interface button in the modeling tab in aspire and I get the result shown on the bottom picture.

My problem is that I can't seem to do anything with it from there. I have successfully designed and machined other door panels using alphacam so I at least aware of the basics

What is the next step once the model is in alphacam. ? Do I need to convert anything? Add geometry? I have searched for these answers but there seems to be a shortage of tutorials for what to do after export from aspire to alphacam.

Sincerely

Jay Andrews

HTML Code:
    [HTML]
    [/HTML]

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aspire for alphacam help please-image-jpg   Aspire for alphacam help please-image-jpg  

Default Re: Aspire for alphacam help please

Hi Jay. The model is for using with 3D surface machining strategies.If you want to do anything else you will need to create geometries to apply tool paths to.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I actually got help from ken at alphacam support. Problem was when I chose a tool it was defaulting to my s2m center tools and once we figured that out and switched it to use only alphacam generated tools everything started working properly

I'm not sure how Cabinet Vision could effect your tool selection...? but anyway glad you got it sorted. I was going to say that if you have just bought it you are entitled to technical support. Have fun