Inputing CAD drawing into alphacam

Thread: Inputing CAD drawing into alphacam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Inputing CAD drawing into alphacam

Hi All,
    new here and 2 months old on CNC. I have AutoCAd experience though.

I'm having trouble with manipulating the drawing after I have inputed a CAD dwg into my alphacam drawing. The Cad file was saved down to 2004.

I can input the drawing fine but once into my alphacam drawing space i lose the ortho function, the mirror function brings up an option window which it usually doesn't, and the autosnap function doesnt work like it should as well. These are just a few examples.

I've tried exploding it and then joining it, but it won't let me select any of it to explode.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
    Todd

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi - if you attach Your DXF-file - and the AlphaCAM file, then it's much easier, to give You an answer - sure, it's a small issue :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need to move it to to flatland.

Default Re: Inputing CAD drawing into alphacam

Like RSmitty says. Move it to flat land. Or check what plane you are on. And put it back in to 2D drawing mode rather than 3D or Auto.

Downloads
    Uploads

Use the Project 3D to 2D function to remove the extra workplanes created by the autocad software. This is very common when inputting autocad drawn items into Alphacam

Steve Searle, Alphacam Training Manager Alphacam 2014 R2
    Vero Global Support Portal http://customers.verosoftware.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all
    A note on moving plains to flat land, when I have tried this the geometry dissappears completely although it shows on the layers as still being present!! Any suggestions anyone ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Routerfiend View Post
    Hi all
    A note on moving plains to flat land, when I have tried this the geometry dissappears completely although it shows on the layers as still being present!! Any suggestions anyone ?
    Try to attach the drawing, You have trouble with - certainly there is a good explanation to this matter

Downloads
    Uploads

It won`t let me upload an ard. files sorry. It`s the first time i`ve tried .A new quirk though, this time when you move it into flat land the geometry shifts position in x by about 5 mm ??? Although it remains visible I can`t repeat the dissappeaing act that sometimes happens. But then that`s what make alphacam so exciting , you never know what it`ll throw up next

Different planes have different origins. This is the point of them. Your geometry is moving when you move it to flat land because it has a different origin. Zero your origins. Or use the project 3D to 2D function.