New shop layout

Thread: New shop layout

Wanna be
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New shop layout

I am in the process of looking at redoing my shop layout. As I have accumulated tools the old layout is not efficient and squeezing that 4 x 8 router in makes it tight as well. Before moving abuch of equipment, I would like to draw the new layout using my cad program - Alibre personal edition 12.1. While I can tak a lot of time and model the equipement (planer, jointer, table saw, etc.) does anyone have any of these items already drawn in a format that can be used in alibre personal edition? I find lots of models, but nothing that can be used in my version of the software. At least not in a way I am aware of.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New shop layout

Just create simple box shapes for each bench, cabinet or tool. That's a lot simpler than trying to accurately model the same items in detail.

For my own shop, I just used Visio to create 2D footprints of all the major items and that has worked well for me during the past few shop reorganizations.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New shop layout