Need Help! error message when exporting STL

Thread: error message when exporting STL

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default error message when exporting STL

I had bought Alibre back in 2012 and paid the maintenance fees for 2-3 years but never got around to really using it until now. I installed it on to new lap top and made a simple rectangular shape added some dimensions, extruded and shelled it. I wanted to export it to a STL so I could try out meshcam but I got an error message "object reference not set to an instance of an object". I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong. I followed one of the many tutorials on you tube when I created the box and I played around trying different shapes and forms till the wee hours in the morning and then gave up. I contacted Geomagic but they want another $400 for maintenance fees before they will look at my question. I did a lot of goggling on the error message but nothing that really helped. I uninstalled the 32 bit version and reinstalled with the 64 bit version, that didn’t help. I even thought of wiping my laptop clean and starting from a clean fresh slate. Right now I’m not sure what I should do. I don’t want to pay another $400 because I’m not sure the techies can fix my problem, I don’t want to reinstall windows if i don’t need to. I would even considering buying another CAD program but I just spent a wad on Aspire

Please chime in because I am stumped
    Thanks in advance.
    Dennis

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error message when exporting STL-photo-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: error message when exporting STL

Try asking about this over on the Alibre/Geomagic user support forum - Geomagic ? Index page

Downloads
    Uploads

This seems to be a generic error coming from the inner depths of the program. Try an experiment to see if this is a general problem - that Alibre/GD won't export any STL files at all - or if it's something that the program objects to about your particular model. Make a very simple solid, like a cube, and try to export that. If it works, then look more closely at your model. Here's what Michael Gibson (the original designer of Rhino and MOI, who really knows his stuff) says to someone with the same problem: MoI discussion forum > Error message

BTW, if you really paid for 3 years of maintenance in 2012, it should still be in effect.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got my answer from the geomagic site, had to delete the .net file from my appdate, works fine now. Thanks for chiming in.