Is it possible to use old Allibre version along new Geomagic ?

Thread: Is it possible to use old Allibre version along new Geomagic ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is it possible to use old Allibre version along new Geomagic ?

Hi,

I thought of buing new version ( actually upgrade to my Alibre 2012 Pro), but there is a catch - I loose sheet modelling ( as this gives upgrade to Design Elements only).

Is it possible to use on one computer both old Allibre and new Geomagic ? Even if technically possible, is it allowed by licensing ?

I would not like to pay full upgrade to Design ( Design Elements would be mostly ok for me), but I still need metal sheet modelling from time to time ( really simple things).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is it possible to use old Allibre version along new Geomagic ?

Alibre, in times past, would allow a user to upgrade a specific capability. I upgraded, among other tools, to sheet modeling. Call them and ask them. It is just a subtle change in the license string that turns tools on and off.

I am led to believe that both versions can coexist but I've put the two versions on separate computers for safety.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is it possible to use old Allibre version along new Geomagic ?

Geomagic recently announced that some users like you that had ala cart features could be upgraded free to the next version up. I don't remember the details now, but you should check with Geomagic to see if you qualify for an upgrade. There was no direct cost, as I recall, but I suspect that you would be expected to pay the maintetnace fee for the version you end up with, which might be more than what you pay now.

Mike