Love my new AJAX!!

Thread: Love my new AJAX!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Love my new AJAX!!

Hello all. I completed my mill retrofit a couple weeks ago and am making some great parts and of course $$$$.

A couple of quick details - retrofited a SuperMax w/ Anilam M (Orange card smoked for the last time!) controller with a new AjaxCNC mill retrofit kit. All of the components were shipped quickly, packed well, and the installation went smooth. All in all it took about 9 evenings. Used the old power supplies and motors, limit switches, and some of the existing wiring, all the other components were removed. The removal of the old components took a couple of the 9 evenings so really the integration took about a week of evenings. I also took my time to make sure I would not smoke it. I am thinking it probably will take ~4 evenings when I do it again.

The folks at Ajax were quick to respond to my emails when I was being stupid (and yes, at a couple of points I left my brain at home). Finally, the post for Mastercam worked out of the box, which was actually the piece I was dreading the most.

There are a couple of features I am really loving, the first is the HUGE programs you can load (Anilam would hold 999 lines). Now I am making molds with one program (~35,000 lines of G-code), amazing upgrade. The second one is the accuracy it maintains, no more dreading the servo's drifing from being imbalanced. You have to love digital encoders. Probably the biggest feature is the SPEED I can run at. My current mold job is in plastic (ok, fancy bondo), but I am running at 120ipm and it is still holding tight tolerances. The anilam seemed to have issues above ~40ipm where the contoller would not keep up with the continous movement.

Anyway, just wanted to give a thumbs up on my new controller and a thanks to the folks at Ajax.