Build Thread DC-AIO moved the Y+ limit Do I need to re-run any setup or length of travel config?

Thread: DC-AIO moved the Y+ limit Do I need to re-run any setup or length of travel config?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DC-AIO moved the Y+ limit Do I need to re-run any setup or length of travel config?

My Y table travel was too far out after the refit. Turns out the Y ball screw oiler was being crushed anytime the Y+ limit was reached. So basically when I powered up and cycled homed... crunch.

I moved the limit by 1/4" Do I need to reconfig in the software or reset Y length of travel in some way?

Thanks,
    CG.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DC-AIO moved the Y+ limit Do I need to re-run any setup or length of travel conf

CG,

Since you moved the Y+ limit, you may need to adjust the software travel limit as if that is not set correctly, the control has the possibility of smacking into the limit on the opposite side. When the software travel limit is correctly set, the CNC software will warn you with a Travel Limit Exceeded message and it shouldn't hit that limit. You can easily test this out by jogging the table onto the opposite limit. If the control stops with a Travel Limit Exceeded message rather than a Limit Tripped message, your software travel limits are correctly set and you do not need to do anything else. If you get a Limit Tripped message though then it means that the CNC software would try to keep moving that axis in that direction but when it hits the switch, it would perform a hard stop on that axis. You can follow the attached tech bulletin to correctly set the software travel limits.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC-AIO moved the Y+ limit  Do I need to re-run any setup or length of travel config?-289-software-travel-limits-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DC-AIO moved the Y+ limit Do I need to re-run any setup or length of travel conf

Perfect and thank you. All working correctly now!