Need Help! DXF continuous line

Thread: DXF continuous line

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DXF continuous line

Can't seem to find this problem with Centroid intercon.
    I import a DXF into intercon and lines at not continuous in contour.
    There are no open lines that I can find. I did trim on all joints using
    Bobcad, nothing seems to work. I'm stuck
    Rob

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DXF continuous line

So I found the problem but looking for a ultimate solution. When selecting contour in intercom, the line stops at any branch point. That's the name is gives when it encounters one. What I found in intercom, is you need to zoom way in. to find it, then click on it to continue. In the job I'm doing, it encountered a dozen or so.
    When I go into Bobcad, they don't exist. A shift, click, in Bobcad will high light the entire contour no problem. Why can.t Intercon do it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please email a copy of the DXF file as well as a current report http://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersup...ploads/193.pdf from your system to support@centroidcnc.com. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

artracing,
    I have seen this same kind of issue in other CAM programs. I usually have to go back into the CAD program and convert the multiple lines segments into one line. There is usually a command like join the segments together or something like that but I know exactly what your are talking about, which is a pain.
    Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    artracing,
    I have seen this same kind of issue in other CAM programs. I usually have to go back into the CAD program and convert the multiple lines segments into one line. There is usually a command like join the segments together or something like that but I know exactly what your are talking about, which is a pain.
    Russ
    Yes, I did go back and found short segments that appear Centroid cant handle. I delete them. and It worked.
    Thanks for your reply.

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

zoom way in and make sure there are no gaps between any lines and arcs. make sure lines and arcs start and stop on same point.
    make sure there are not duplicates of the same line or arcs.DXF  continuous line-dxf-tips-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnckeith View Post
    zoom way in and make sure there are no gaps between any lines and arcs. make sure lines and arcs start and stop on same point.
    make sure there are not duplicates of the same line or arcs.DXF  continuous line-dxf-tips-jpg
    To add to that, I found very short line. Mostly between a line and radius even thou they were connected. In nut shell, yes, you need to zoom in on all the joints even if CAD says they are connected if Centroid is having a problem.
    Thanks for your help