When will "acorn" release? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will "acorn" release?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dbunyip View Post
    I'm definitely interested. Before I seen this I was looking at the oak board but trying to figure a way to run step/direction drives with it. I have a lathe with 12 tool turret I'm working on
    What does your lathe currently have for axis motors?
    What kind of motor is on the turret? Small 3 phase motor?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    What does your lathe currently have for axis motors?
    What kind of motor is on the turret? Small 3 phase motor?
    It currently has fanuc servos but was thinking to change to clearpath. I have not looked into what powers the turret yet. I have the spindle out getting rebuilt was waiting on that to get into it further

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: When will "acorn" release?

Hey Keith, do you have any updates on the Acorn board?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oscilloman View Post
    Hey Keith, do you have any updates on the Acorn board?

Thanks
    Yeah.. during beta testing we decided to develop a CNC configuration Wizard to complement the Centroid CNC software for use with the new Acorn cnc controller. The new wizard allows a new user to configure machine inputs and outputs with just a few clicks along with easy axis and spindle setups. We have also been developing "canned" drive configurations and schematics for a variety of popular axis drives such as clearpath,gecko,leadshine,DMM, yaskawa,estun,and others. Its added a few weeks to the release date but we feel acorn users will appreciate the new ease of getting up and running fast.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnckeith View Post
    Yeah.. during beta testing we decided to develop a CNC configuration Wizard to complement the Centroid CNC software for use with the new Acorn cnc controller. The new wizard allows a new user to configure machine inputs and outputs with just a few clicks along with easy axis and spindle setups. We have also been developing "canned" drive configurations and schematics for a variety of popular axis drives such as clearpath,gecko,leadshine,DMM, yaskawa,estun,and others. Its added a few weeks to the release date but we feel acorn users will appreciate the new ease of getting up and running fast.
    Its worth the wait guys....
    Marty

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Its worth the wait guys....
    Marty
    Hello Marty; do you have one already? If so, how 'bout a comment or 2.

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    Hello Marty; do you have one already? If so, how 'bout a comment or 2.
    Hey Dickeybird.
    I'm assisting with the beta testing. I can't say anymore than that. A few more weeks...Just hang on....☺

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I am holding off a rebuild until this board releases, however i have some questions that I was hoping could be answered

1 - What type of output does it give for spindle control? (0-10VDC, -10-10VDC, step/dir, etc)

2 - Spindle brake?

3 - Does the spindle encoder have to be 1:1 ratio?

4 - Includes PLC? If so what type of programming can we expect? Ladder, Function Block, Structured text?

5 - If it includes a programmable PLC, is it possible to expand I/O's with expansion boards?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oscilloman View Post
    I am holding off a rebuild until this board releases, however i have some questions that I was hoping could be answered

1 - What type of output does it give for spindle control? (0-10VDC, -10-10VDC, step/dir, etc)<<< 0-10 VDC 12 bit analog out>>>>

2 - Spindle brake? <<yes>>

3 - Does the spindle encoder have to be 1:1 ratio? << yes, if you want to do threading and rigid tapping. if you just want a true RPM read out then it can be another ratio. >>>

4 - Includes PLC? If so what type of programming can we expect? Ladder, Function Block, Structured text? <<yes, centroid plc programming language, with free PLC dectective debug tool. includes many pre programmed PLC programs for common drive and machine configurations, also includes PLC Wizard which allows easy drop down box selection of inputs and output types and function so you can program your own setup without any PLC programming knowledge. and if you really want to do your own plc programming you can do that too..>>

5 - If it includes a programmable PLC, is it possible to expand I/O's with expansion boards? << not with this first Acorn board, future "Acorn 2" board will be expandable and compatible with Acorn1 for easy swap out upgrade.>>>

Thanks!
    overview.. http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_...oller_1920.jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will a manual pulse generator work with the Acorn board? Will CNC11 software have a touch screen operator panel like the Acorn?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by converterk View Post
    Will a manual pulse generator work with the Acorn board?<<< We are planing on a USB MPG for Acorn. >>
    Will CNC11 software have a touch screen operator panel like the Acorn? << Yes, all existing CNC11 systems are updateable to the touch screen interface and the fantastic new virtual control panel. see image for example. fyi.. Acorn uses the new version of CNC11 called..you guess it.. CNC12.
    When will &quot;acorn&quot; release?-cnc12-screen-shot-jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast