Posting a multiple WCS post on 5 axis mill without using rotary moves

Thread: Posting a multiple WCS post on 5 axis mill without using rotary moves

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Posting a multiple WCS post on 5 axis mill without using rotary moves

I am quite new to Mastercam and am using x4 on a Centroid machine made for 5 axis CNC cylinder head porting with no tool changer. I have a program using two wcs to perform the first op of a part in one vise and the backside of the part in a second vise. When running each program individually the wcs work great.

Because I do not have a tool changer, I combined the operations into one file, including the wcs for each op, and then re-sorted to arrange the ops as appropriate to machine each portion of the front and back with each tool to avoid duplicate tool changes.

I assumed this would post a g57 for the front and a g58 for the rear to change each op as required. Instead, a rotary move is being added to flip the part. The part is all programmed in one file, and the wcs are 180° apart, however holding the part in manner suitable for rotary use is not possible, especially since I already have soft jaws machined for each vise.

Any pointers on a way to tweak the post to prevent rotary use? I tried a generic 3 axis post, and the coordinate system acts as I wanted it (calling the new wcs each time as required), however it is very generic and I am ot sure if the other pars of the post are appropriate.

Thanks for any feedback.

John