Encoder reading from AC/DC drives.

Thread: Encoder reading from AC/DC drives.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Encoder reading from AC/DC drives.

I am doing a lathe retrofit, using CNC11, with GP104D, MPU11, and AC/DC drives. My axis motors are Fanuc DC motors.

There isn't a Lathe specific installation guide, so I used the CNC11/GP104D Installation Manual for Mill - Win 7. I followed it through until I had my encoders plugged into the MPU11 card, and was able to see the encoder output in the PID screen and on the X & Z axis read outs. I then found out that when using the AC/DC drives, the encoders must be plugged into these. I had to make up extension leads to allow me to do this, as I had shortened the original leads to suit fitting in the MPU11. Also the 9 pin socket on the MPU11, becomes a 15 pin on the AC/DC drives. I have changed the settings and parameters as per the AC/DC 130307 User Guide. Tested and checked my cable wiring, but can not get the encoders to show.

The only ideas I have, is that as the encoders first showed in MPU11, it has now told the program, to always look there for them? Or, is there a setting I have not found in the driver guide, which needs to be set?

We are now stuck for new ideas as to why this is the case. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try. If I had hair, I would be tearing it out!

Cheers, Colin