GP104D Inputs

Thread: GP104D Inputs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default GP104D Inputs

I have done all the wiring I think is necessary to get my retrofit running. It is very complicated sorting out, from 2 big cabinets of Fanuc T5 equipment, what can be reused, and what is no good. Then re-siting them in one cabinet, with the Ajax equipment. Buying, making new rectifiers, relays, snubbers, etc, and making sense of the original wiring, with no diagrams to refer to. Still; I think I am at the next stage now, where I check everything on the computer, and work my way through the set up, repairing, anything I have done wrong. I hope all you good folk can help, I sure will need it.

So the power is on, no big bangs, I have checked the 415V, 240V, 200V, 100V, 24VDC, and the DC outputs for the X-Z drive motors. They are not all as I expected, the rectified DC for the axis motors seem very low, but I will address that later. On to looking at the "real time" screen and it seems I should have inputs 1 - 11 green. I have not used the 7 & 8 inputs, so I put jumpers on these. I then have 0 to 9 green, and 11 green. But 10 is red, even though the circuit is OK and there is 24V at the input. This is the inverter OK input. Does this mean I have a fault with the equipment, or could something else cause the light to be red, even though I have the 24 V signal, at the terminal?

I am retrofitting a lathe, with inverter spindle motor and X-Z DC axis motors via Ajax AC/DC 30 amp drivers.

Thanks for reading, all feed back is much appreciated. Regards, Colin

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GP104D Inputs

Colin,

Input 10 typically represents a spindle fault -though this can be inverted. I can't tell if it is or not without a report.

Also, you mention you measure 24VDC at the input. That's ok -probably- but it depends on where you are measuring across.
    You will need to make sure you have 24COM wired to COM9-12 on H10 and then measure across COM9-12 and input10.

Please remember to send the report.zip file We absolutely have to see it in order to help you.

Please send a current report to tech at ajaxcnc dot com

Quote Originally Posted by howanc7 View Post
    I have done all the wiring I think is necessary to get my retrofit running. It is very complicated sorting out, from 2 big cabinets of Fanuc T5 equipment, what can be reused, and what is no good. Then re-siting them in one cabinet, with the Ajax equipment. Buying, making new rectifiers, relays, snubbers, etc, and making sense of the original wiring, with no diagrams to refer to. Still; I think I am at the next stage now, where I check everything on the computer, and work my way through the set up, repairing, anything I have done wrong. I hope all you good folk can help, I sure will need it.

So the power is on, no big bangs, I have checked the 415V, 240V, 200V, 100V, 24VDC, and the DC outputs for the X-Z drive motors. They are not all as I expected, the rectified DC for the axis motors seem very low, but I will address that later. On to looking at the "real time" screen and it seems I should have inputs 1 - 11 green. I have not used the 7 & 8 inputs, so I put jumpers on these. I then have 0 to 9 green, and 11 green. But 10 is red, even though the circuit is OK and there is 24V at the input. This is the inverter OK input. Does this mean I have a fault with the equipment, or could something else cause the light to be red, even though I have the 24 V signal, at the terminal?

I am retrofitting a lathe, with inverter spindle motor and X-Z DC axis motors via Ajax AC/DC 30 amp drivers.

Thanks for reading, all feed back is much appreciated. Regards, Colin

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GP104D Inputs

Turned out to be a bent pin on the SIP.

Sorry, Colin