Cheapest Place to buy?? Online???

Thread: Cheapest Place to buy?? Online???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cheapest Place to buy?? Online???

I have been buying aluminum 'T-slot' extrusions from Futura. Is anyone aware of a vendor selling this stuff at discount online?? I am about to buy enough to build a 4 by 8 foot frame and wouldn't mind saving a few $$$$

Anyone have a better source???

Best Regards,
    Carl Huff

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Go to their web-site http://www.8020.net and click on the GARAGE SALE sign. It will take you to E-Bay...where they get rid of their excess.

Poor planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on my part!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 80/20 look alike on east coast at good price

Good point about the 80/20 on Ebay but the pieces are mostly too short for a 4 x 8 table. Also if there is much waste then you lose any money saved. I looking for some material my self and I will certainly list it here if I find a source.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

here is a link to their "garage sale" on eBay.

http://stores.ebay.com/8020-Inc-Gara...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Buy Online

I don't use t-slotted materials much, but when I do I buy them online from www.Faztek.net. They have a lot of products, most of them are online for purchase too. It's really easy with a credit card and they are located pretty close to me. You can get 8' bars online via UPS. I usually only need small pieces but cut them up and keep them around for whatever. Great service too...I called them up one time because I needed some pieces machined and I received them in 2 days.

Downloads
    Uploads

80/20 and Faztek....seems to be the same extrusions....I wonder who really manufacturers the extrusions....these guys appear to be distributors.

Downloads
    Uploads

there are millions of small time extrusion companies out there and I doubt if there is enough desing to pattent the 80/20 style extrusion (I could be wrong). I bet they are both extruders. I have a couple of local guys that will make any extrusion I want, and at a reasonable price.

thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use to drive by the 80/20 plant in Cloumbia City, IN all the time and it is a pretty large building. I'm pretty sure they do all thier own extruding. I use to think that was a strange name for a company, I didnt even know what they made there. Now I live 5 hours away in IL and wish I was back in IN so I wouldnt have to pay shipping on the stuff.

Darren

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm getting ready to start purchasing the frame and looking at the faztek site under extrusion I see a very interesting piece. It's the 15lg1515-72. this has a external t on on side for linear motion. Has anyone tried this or think its a good idea? Seems to me that it would cut down on one process.
    I will start a new thread on this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

has any body else found a really cheap source?....im just trying to build a simple adjustable table, but one bars cost over $30 dollars....i would spend over $100 bucks making this...it would literly be cheaper to buy one made from china, and just alter that table...has anybody body have a good cheap source for t-slot extrusion bars?...thank you guys..

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cheapest Place to buy?? Online???

I have not ordered from them but Misumi seems to have 1m of 20x20 for $6.41. Google KHFS5-2020-1000 and you should find it. You may need to register in order to get the price. They have lots of other hardware but the other stuff seems to be expensive. These extrusions seem to be much less than the 80/20.