Bosch/ rexroth Bracket corrosion clean up

Thread: Bosch/ rexroth Bracket corrosion clean up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bosch/ rexroth Bracket corrosion clean up

I have some salvaged bosch rexroth t slot extrusions and brackets that I will be using for a CNC router project. The extrusions are in great shape. the t-bolts and other hardware is rusty, which I am treating with Evaporust and Caswell black oxide which looks great.
    Some of the brackets are covered with whitish corrosion. What is the best way to clean the brackets up and make them look nice? I don't know if they are pot metal or aluminum.
    The router will be a mix of steel (painted) and the aluminum extrusions with profile rails.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bosch/ rexroth Bracket corrosion clean up

red scotchbrite pad with wd40 as a lubricant

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mbronkalla View Post
    I have some salvaged bosch rexroth t slot extrusions and brackets that I will be using for a CNC router project. The extrusions are in great shape. the t-bolts and other hardware is rusty, which I am treating with Evaporust and Caswell black oxide which looks great.
    Some of the brackets are covered with whitish corrosion. What is the best way to clean the brackets up and make them look nice? I don't know if they are pot metal or aluminum.
    The router will be a mix of steel (painted) and the aluminum extrusions with profile rails.
    According to the Bosh Reroth framing catalogue, the material used for the brackets you describe is die cast aluminum.

I work a lot with these profiles. While I haven't tried to clean up gussets from corrosion, I have bead blasted them and then painted them for a different look.

The paint I use is Rustoleum Universal Satin Paint and Primer All in One, Satin Black.

It matches the black plastic filler strips quite well, is very durable and super easy to touch p should you have too.

The bead blasting gives the base material a good tooth for adhesion, The satin finish hides small imperfections pretty well.

I am in the middle of a build right now made mostly of 45 H series profile.

What size an style profile are you using on your build??

Ray

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've used a red scotchbrite pad with a little wd40 and it takes the corrosion off quickly with minimum effort.