Counterboring for Anchor Fasteners

Thread: Counterboring for Anchor Fasteners

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Counterboring for Anchor Fasteners

Hi
    I'm creating a desk and in order to make it cheap I decided to counterbore the 8020 15 series myself(I also like to try new things). I have bought a counterbore JTS Machinery & Supply Co.
    and made a jig to the exact parameters provided by 80/20 however I have never "machined" anything before. The jig is made of angle iron and has a 13/16" hole the exact size I need to make into the 80/20. also I only need to go down .66" and half is only the actual T slot so there is not too much material to be removed. So how should I go about this I have a Dewalt 14.4V hand drill only 3 speeds.

What speed?

Should I even bother making a guide hole or just place into the jig and start?

Also do I need to use a lubricant? Would prefer not to since then I have to clean all the pieces and wait to dry until assembly.
    Thanks for any help you can give me.