3dprinter software

Thread: 3dprinter software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3dprinter software

Any other 3d conversion software free or paid for that will work with a lulzbot printer and alike?

Similar Threads:
    Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

It appears they use a Ramps board. Ramps is Arduino based with light duty stepper drivers built into the board. Good for Nema 17. Also controls temperature of the extruder and bed.

These boards can be a bit complicated to operate.
    You need to have the loader for Arduino.
    Then you get a series of text files from Marlin or Sprinter or Tonokip, etc
    Then you upload the firmware into the Arduino
    if you need to make changes in setting you need to upload each time.
    When Ramps is loaded with the proper software you communicate to it via USB from a printer driver program called Pronterface.

Most of this requires you have Python27 loaded. You need Python for the slicers also.

All of this is freeware and can get technical.

I have a ramps board on my first printer but I'm afraid that if I mess with the code I'll never get it back the way it was.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3D printing software,softwhere?

Paul,

Not sure exactly what part of the printing chain you are looking for, based on responses. I

I'm going to guess you are OK with the Arduino based controls, and as was previously stated a RAMPS board (going off previous post, I don't know first hand what lulzbot's use.) Are you looking for the file handling and prepping for print programs? (skeinforge, slicer, pronterfac, etc) It used to be you would need to run through a chain of programs to get a printer friendly g-code. Many have seen the light and are bundling or packaging them into one combine interface. Most are keeping with the reprap open license program and are available for free.

To name a few, take a look at Repetier-Host, Cura, or MakerWare for Replicator 2.

If I totally misunderstood, and you are looking to delve away from Arduino, look at LinuxCNC and Mach3 controlled printers like SeeMeCNC user's have implemented. Many of the aforementioned bundled programs can output printer gcode in LinuxCNC(EMC2) or Mach 3 printer flavors.

It is interesting that it easier to find and load MS Windows programs than the Linux flavors, even though they share the open license idea.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default One more, pay to play

One more, looks interesting, or just great marketing. your query prompted mine, found netfabb, "new age fabbing software."

Request a quote?